If you’ve purchased granite countertops, you know it is a very attractive material to help elevate your kitchen and your home as a whole. While granite requires a relatively small amount of maintenance, it is a good idea to follow some easy steps to keep your granite countertops in Wheaton looking fresh and clean.
Whether you have messy children, or you tend to be a little clumsy yourself, spills on your countertops are inevitable. Here’s how to effectively remove a stain from granite countertops in Wheaton.
- Rub the stain with a cloth soaked in warm, soapy water.
- Make a poultice (a paste that draws out deep stains) by mixing small amounts of hydrogen peroxide and flour.
- Place the poultice on the stain and spread it around.
- Cover the poultice with plastic wrap and tape it down.
- Let sit overnight.
- Rub the poultice off with a terry cloth and wash everything off.
Finally, to protect from stains, consider investing in granite sealer, and seal your countertops once a year.
To keep your granite countertops in Wheaton looking shiny every day, simply mix a little dish soap with some warm water and wipe down your surfaces with a cloth. This is a quick and easy way to keep your countertops from becoming dusty and will remove any minor spots.
If you’re looking to take your daily routine one step further, consider purchasing granite polish. Spray your countertops with granite polish and wipe them down to protect your granite countertops in Wheaton from heat and scratches.
If you have any more questions about maintaining your countertops, contact Best Buy Interior Finishes & Granite today!