Hardwood floors have been a popular choice for homeowners since the end of the 17th century and it’s easy to see why. Not only are they sturdy and versatile, but also require a small amount of maintenance or cleaning to keep their appeal. Best Buy Interior Finishes is proud to offer the largest selection of quality wood flooring in Plainfield and the surrounding areas, and our team of seasoned flooring experts can’t wait to help you choose the perfect hardwood floor for your home.
Choosing Your Hardwood Flooring
No two homes are exactly the same, and their interior flooring shouldn’t be either. Best Buy Interior Finishes offers a wide variety of different styles, colors, textures, and sizes so you can find the best flooring to complement the individual style of your home.
Types Of Hardwood Construction:
The first step in choosing the right flooring for your home is to choose the type of hardwood that best matches the aesthetic you want to achieve as well as the needs of your family. Here are some benefits of the three types of hardwood construction:
- Solid Hardwood: Solid hardwood is the most traditional style of wood flooring and makes the rooms in your home look absolutely gorgeous, however, it is more susceptible to moisture than the other alternatives. At Best Buy Interior Finishes, we typically install solid hardwood over a plywood subfloor complete with a barrier beneath to help protect it from moisture damage.
- Engineered Hardwood: This flooring type features cross-layer construction, making it more moisture-resistant than the other hardwood options. Two more benefits of engineered hardwood include being environmentally friendly and less expensive.
- Locking Hardwood: Locking hardwood is created to fit together just like puzzle pieces. The planks fit together perfectly, which means there is no longer a need for nails or glue to install them. A barrier is laid down on top of the subfloor to protect against moisture before the planks are locked into place.
Colors Of Hardwood Flooring
Do you have a specific color in mind, but aren’t familiar with the different types of hardwood available? Our knowledgeable team has been installing hardwood floors for decades, and our experience is here for you to use. We can help you find the right type of hardwood that matches the vision you have for your home. Here is an example of some of the colors we have available:
- Grey Hardwood Floors
- Ebony Hardwood Floors
- Espresso Hardwood Floors
- Dark Brown Hardwood Floors
- Light-colored hardwood Floors
- Blonde Hardwood Floors
Choose Your Favorite Texture
Best Buy Interior Finishes offers several different textures to choose from if you are looking for something a bit more unique than the smooth surface of traditional hardwood flooring.
- Distressed Hardwood: Wire-brushing and hand-scraping methods create the charming look of distressed floors.
- Wire-Brushed Hardwood: To create wire-brushed floors, the surface of the planks is gently scraped using a metal brush, showcasing the natural beauty of the wood grain.
- Hand-Scraped Hardwood: To give hand-scraped floors their unique and rustic look, each plank is distressed by hand.
What’s Your Width Preference?
Do you prefer the elegant and uniform look that thin planks provide or would you rather display the beautiful wood grain and unique knots that wider planks offer? At Best Buy Interior Finishes, we have a wide variety of planks from 2 inches to 24 inches and everything in between.
Beautiful Hardwood Flooring in Plainfield, IL.
Best Buy Interior Finishes has been providing exceptional hardwood flooring to the homeowners of Plainfield and the surrounding areas for over 30 years.
Whether your next flooring project involves a hallway made of sturdy bamboo or an entire household of gorgeous Santos Mahogany, you can be confident that the type of flooring you desire will be installed by a team of experts. As one of the most highly recommended interior finishing companies near Plainfield, our team is dedicated to delivering the most outstanding customer care in the industry. Visit our showroom or call to schedule your local flooring consultation with our trusted design team today.